Speaker, Garden State Bar Association's Cannabis Summit, "Segment 1 - Legal Considerations in the Cannabis Industry"
May 16, 2023 | 1:00 PM - May 16, 2023 | 6:00 PM EST
Garden State Bar Association’s Cannabis Summit is the organization’s inaugural cannabis law conference. The summit will focus on access, justice, and opportunity in the cannabis industry for diverse entrepreneurs in New Jersey. The summit comprises of three segments, each segment will focus on the different considerations and requirements related to New Jersey’s cannabis marketplace. The discussions regarding the cannabis-related concerns will be led by various trailblazers and legal practitioners in the industry. The Summit will conclude with a networking reception where refreshments, beer, wine, and soft drinks will be served to guests. CLE credit for the event is pending
Segment 1 – Legal Considerations in the Cannabis Industry – Panel Discussion.
Moderated by Jason Holt of CSG Law, joined by the following panelists:
1. Cannabis Law – Fruqan Mouzon of Fox Rothschild
2. Real Estate (land use)– Amanda Curley of Day Pitney
3. Real Estate (lease) – Luke Pontier of Day Pitney
4. Corporate Formation – Robert Johnson of Gibbons
5. Municipal Approval – Ronald Mondello of Law Offices of Ronald P. Mondello
Segment 2 – Social Equity Concerns in Cannabis – Panel Discussion.
Moderated by Dan Pierre of Day Pitney, joined by the following panelists:
1. Faye Coleman – Pure Genesis (CEO) & Endo (Owner)
2. Jelani Gibson – NJ.com (Cannabis Journalist)
3. Natacha Andrews – National Ass’n of Black Cannabis Lawyers (Executive Director)
4. Rosemarie Matos – Cannabis Law Attorney and East Orange Board of Cannabis Control Attorney
5. Jenell Johnson – NJ Economic Development Authority (Director)
6. Wesley McWhite – Cannabis Regulatory Commission (Director of Diversity & Inclusion)
Segment 3 – NJ Cannabis Application for Licensing – Master Class facilitated by Ryan Magee of McCarter & English and Lee Vartan of CSG Law.