Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
Gibbons is actively engaged in the defense of several well-known manufacturers of ethical pharmaceuticals and medical devices. The Gibbons Pharmaceutical & Medical Device Team handles both individual personal injury matters and national putative class actions. Our attorneys have successfully defended clients in numerous complex actions related to purported adverse effects, warnings, manufacturing, design and use of pharmaceuticals, devices, and implants. Members participate on national trial teams in many high-profile matters.
The Gibbons Pharmaceutical & Medical Device Team brings a unique combination of skills and experience to clients, including:
- Vast knowledge of the pharmaceutical and medical device industries, including experience evaluating and minimizing a company’s risk after the initiation of litigation and the ability to provide prospective risk assessments and offer strategies to minimize exposure to lawsuits and FDA regulatory actions.
- Experience in early litigation evaluation as a means of early disposition of cases.
- Pharmaceutical litigation experience, including substantial lead trial experience in New Jersey generally, and Atlantic County specifically (as well as in other jurisdictions), and proven results in the form of multiple defense verdicts.
- Medical device litigation experience as lead counsel in high-profile national litigation, New Jersey multi-county matters, class actions, and individual high exposure matters involving an array of medical devices.
- Consummate insight into New Jersey’s legal climate, by virtue of advice and counsel from some of the top retired jurists in the state, including the former Chief Justice of the New Jersey Supreme Court and the former Presiding Judge of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division.
- Dedicated e-discovery professionals who offer comprehensive, efficient, and economical solutions to information management and e-discovery issues.
- Cost-effective representation through collaboration with other law firms, alternative fee arrangements, and precise pairing of our clients’ needs with our lawyers’ abilities.
Representative results achieved by the team include summary and/or voluntary dismissals of cases involving isotretinoin, mefloquine, midazolam, methylprednisolone, cortisone, nitroprusside, flurazepam, sulfadoxine, and ibuprofin. Members of the team also actively represent medical/surgical device companies in complex actions related to design (including warnings), manufacturing, and marketing of various devices, implants, and related surgical equipment. We have successfully defended or settled cases involving various prosthetic joint devices, spinal implants, electrocautery (Bovie) units, sternotomy needles and vascular access ports, and breast implants, among other devices, and we have assisted clients with product recalls and other product-related regulatory actions.
The Gibbons Pharmaceutical & Medical Device Team does not strive to simply meet our clients’ expectations but to exceed them in every way – through excellent legal representation grounded in experience, outstanding service, responsiveness, and commitment to our clients’ interests.