Gibbons Recognized with Profiles in Diversity Journal’s Innovation in Diversity Award
December 4, 2015
Gibbons P.C. has been recognized as one of only 10 winners of the Profiles in Diversity Journal’s 12th Annual International Innovation in Diversity Awards. Appearing on this year’s list along with Gibbons are The Walt Disney Company, Chevron, Coca-Cola Enterprises, and Capital One.
Gibbons earned this award based on its work with the New Jersey State Bar Association to create the Uniform Diversity Questionnaire for the legal procurement process. In past years, Gibbons has been recognized for its supplier diversity program – “GDI-123” (in 2010), and for its thought leadership of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Strategic Plan for Diversity, an effort chaired by our Chief Diversity Officer, Luis J. Diaz (in 2013).
“It is an extraordinary honor for Gibbons to be recognized among such prestigious corporations,” stated Patrick C. Dunican Jr., Chairman and Managing Director of Gibbons P.C. “We are committed to increasing the diversity of the legal profession through our innovative Diversity and Women’s Initiatives.”
The 2015 awards generated a wide-range of innovative applicants from businesses and organizations around the world. In addition to the top 10 innovators in diversity, there are seven companies being recognized this year for excellence in diversity innovation. The emerging focus of the numerous applicants was an alignment of diversity with their business goals, both in the workplace and the marketplace.
This year’s top ten Innovation in Diversity Award winners are:
- The Walt Disney Company
- Chevron / True Blue Inclusion
- Gibbons P.C.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises
- ConAgra Foods, Inc.
- Saskatoon Health Region
- Latham & Watkins LLC
- Hospital Corporation of America (HCA)
- Capital One
The 2015 Awards of Excellence for Innovation in Diversity are presented to Aerotek ULC Canada, Electronic Art, Kindred Healthcare, Inc., National Hispanic Corporate Council, New York Life, Plan Canada, and Stikeman Elliott LLC.
All 17 winners are aligning diversity with business goals for driving innovation and growth. Highlights of the top 10 include:
- Walt Disney’s model program for transitioning veterans into the workforce that is gaining momentum across the country.
- Chevron’s innovative approach in South Africa that’s making a difference in employment equity for people and businesses.
- Gibbons P.C. is seeking to raise the bar with metrics for fairness in its recommendation for uniform standards in the legal procurement process.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises is engaging multiple generations in the United Kingdom through a mix of internal insight, external experience, and the latest academia research.
- ConAgra Foods, Inc. is leveraging diversity in thought as a roadmap for successfully driving real-world business results.
- Saskatoon Heath Region is helping international healthcare workers in Canada overcome barriers and opening pathways allowing them to excel in health professions.
- Latham & Watkins LLC is inspiring the next generation of lawyers through its Diversity Leadership Academy for building relationships and creating future leaders.
- KeyBank’s unique talent acquisition strategy is creating a cultural shift resulting in a substantial increase in workforce diversity.
- The Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is delivering excellence through its Inclusive Culture Series, supporting the delivery of high quality patient care while ensuring an inclusive and healthy work environment for about 204,000 employees.
- Capital One’s model Magellan Program is educating, connecting and empowering its employees’ career paths in a successful program being shared with other businesses.
Winners are being profiled in the December 2015 Edition of Profiles in Diversity Journal, which will be released on December 20. Profiles in Diversity Journal is a quarterly magazine dedicated to promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion in the corporate, government, nonprofit, STEM, and higher education sectors. For nearly 18 years, the publication has helped stimulate organizational change by showcasing the visionary leadership, innovative programs, and individual commitments to making it happen.