Gibbons Chairman and Managing Director Patrick Dunican Again Named to NJBIZ “Power 100” List
January 31, 2012
For the second year in a row, Patrick C. Dunican Jr., Chairman and Managing Director of Gibbons P.C., was named by NJBIZ to its “Power 100” list of the 100 most powerful people in New Jersey business. NJBIZ is the premier weekly newspaper covering the state’s business community.
To compile the “Power 100” list, NJBIZ editors spoke to dozens of connected sources over several months to highlight the high-level officials in state, county, and federal government, as well as executives from some of New Jersey’s largest employers and most dynamic organizations, who are helping to strengthen the business environment in New Jersey. Mr. Dunican appears at #84 on the list, with an entry that reads:
Gibbons, including Frank T. Cannone, did the heavy legal work on horse racing issues. “It’s like they moved into the governor’s office and Craig Domalewski’s office to work on the daily drama of the Meadowlands and Monmouth” racetracks. Dunican, the firm’s meticulous leader, oversees it all, including the smallest details of branding Gibbons.
Mr. Dunican, a nationally recognized law firm innovator, was highlighted by Law360 in 2010 as one of the nation’s most innovative law firm managing partners and previously honored by Ernst & Young as an “Entrepreneur of the Year.” Under his leadership, Gibbons was one of only 20 law firms nationwide on the National Law Journal’s inaugural “Midsize Hot List,” which recognized midsize firms that found innovative ways to position themselves in a turbulent legal market, creatively and successfully recruiting and retaining top talent, developing practice areas, and managing operations. He has devoted major new emphasis and firm resources to the aggressive Gibbons diversity program, wide-ranging pro bono engagements, and groundbreaking Women’s Initiative. Under Mr. Dunican’s watch, Gibbons has become a 230-lawyer, five-office Mid-Atlantic regional powerhouse, earning numerous honors, including:
- Joining the Am Law 200
- Being named among the “Best Places to Work” in America, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania, by various organizations and publications
- Having scores of attorneys and practice areas listed in the legal industry’s most prominent peer-review publications, including Best Lawyers®, Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Receiving the prestigious Catalyst Award for corporate women’s initiatives in 2009 and the Women In Law Empowerment Forum’s Gold Standard Certification in 2011, as well as being names to Working Mother magazine’s “Top 50 Law Firms for Women” every year the list has been published
- Being honored with Profiles In Diversity Journal’s Diversity Leadership Awards (2010 and 2011) and “Innovations In Diversity” Award (2010)
- Receiving the New Jersey Business & Industry Association (NJBIA) 2010 Award for Excellence in Public Service
For the complete Power 100 list, please see http://www.njbiz.com/article/20120130/NJBIZ01/120129843/Power-100:-The-100-most-powerful-people-in-business.