Speaker, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education Webcast, " Pay to Play in 2023: The Latest in Campaign Finance"
June 7, 2023 | 9:00 AM - June 7, 2023 | 12:00 PM EST
2023 will feature New Jersey’s Assembly and Senate elections, so the year promises to be another important one for the ever-evolving world of campaign finance.
Do you or your clients contribute to political campaigns?
Do you represent entities seeking government contracts?
New Jersey has the strictest pay-to-play laws in the country. With the proliferation of county and municipal pay-to-play ordinances substantially different from the state rules, compliance with the pay-to-play regulations at all government levels has become increasingly difficult. Non-compliance can result in the loss of government contracts and the ability to participate in redevelopment projects. Fines and criminal sanctions can also result. Accordingly, businesses (including law firms) need to establish controls and monitor corporate and employee contributions so unintended violations do not occur.
Attorneys who represent entities seeking government contracts at the state, county, or municipal level, or law firms or entities that contribute to political campaigns must understand the latest developments in campaign finance rules so their clients can avoid potential violations.
Learn the latest developments in campaign finance from some of New Jersey’s top experts, including:
- Effect of any new enacted Elections Transparency Act
- Uses of Section 501(c)(4) social welfare organizations
- Federal and New Jersey rules for candidate appearances on business premises
- Ethical obligations of counsel to political committees
- Independent expenditures under federal and New Jersey law
- Federal and New Jersey PACs and Super PACs
- State, county, and municipal pay to play rules
- Drafting, adopting, and implementing an effective compliance policy/program to ensure compliance with pay-to-play and campaign finance restrictions
- Election Year Activities of Section 501(c)(3) organizations
- …and more!