Speaker, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, "Presenting and Defending Construction Cases"
June 29, 2010
Peter J. Torcicollo and Damian V. Santomauro, Directors in the Business & Commercial Litigation Group, will serve as speakers at New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education’s, in cooperation with the Construction Law Section of the NJSBA, upcoming event, “Presenting and Defending Construction Cases.” Together with other panelists, Mr. Torcicollo and Mr. Santomauro will discuss best tips and techniques for resolving construction disputes, including:
- Proving the case for contract damages
- Business torts in construction cases
- Extra-contractual remedies on public and private projects
- An overview of Federal projects
- Traps for the Unwary – election of remedies, lien enforcement deadlines, contractual limitations periods, overbroad releases and waivers