Speaker, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, "2023 Construction Law Forum"
June 21, 2023 | 9:00 AM - June 21, 2023 | 4:00 PM EST
The 2023 Construction Law Forum will provide a day of in-depth analysis of some of the most common areas in construction law. At this very useful program, our panel of recognized NJ authorities will provide a practical and strategic discussion of the current legal encounters they have faced involving escalation clauses, Little Miller Act claims, contract termination, issues when representing the design professional, statute of repose, affidavit of merit issues, prompt payment, liquidated damages, tips for negotiating subcontracts, and special mediation segments on advanced mediation techniques, and ethical issues in construction mediation.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for construction lawyers and general practitioners to hone their skills. Join our blue-ribbon panel as they discuss these important topics.
- Negotiating Material Price Escalation Clauses
- Little Miller Act Claims
- The Pitfalls of Contract Termination
- Coordinating the Design Defense
- Statute of Repose – For Claims and Claimants
- Do I need an Affidavit of Merit?
- Prompt Payment Act Claims
- Advanced Mediation Techniques
- Liquidated Damages in NJ
- Tips for Negotiating Subcontracts
- Ethical Issues in Construction Law Mediation