Speaker, Gibbons P.C., "Filing in New Jersey State Court," Newark, NJ
November 13, 2013 | 5:00 PM EST
This presentation will cover the mechanics of preparing to file a law suit in New Jersey State Court.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Nuts and bolts issues arising from the New Jersey Court Rules;
- Background and investigative work required before filing a law suit;
- Identifying the proper division in which to file;
- Pleading standards and the entire controversy doctrine;
- Preparing the complaint and related documents;
- The administrative process of filing and service of process; Amendments to pleadings;
- Counterclaims and crossclaims;
- Proceeding by way of an order to show cause; and
- Summary actions.