Speaker, Gibbons P.C. and Experior Data, "Being Hip to HIPAA: How Recent Changes in Law Will Affect Your Company for Years to Come," Newark, NJ
January 6, 2010 | 8:00 AM - January 6, 2010 | 10:00 AM EST
Recent amendments to HIPAA regulations will affect a variety of businesses, whether they are health care providers or they provide services to health care-related companies. The federal stimulus package included far-reaching requirements regarding the privacy and security of health information which must be complied with by February 17, 2010. Join us on January 6, 2010 to discuss how these changes affect your business and how to ensure that you comply with the new requirements in time.
Our interactive panel will discuss:
- What the federal government considers a “breach” of privacy with regards to health information.
- How to protect you and your company from committing a breach and the resulting civil and criminal penalties.
- What the notification requirements are if a breach of “unsecured” health information occurs.
- How you can avoid the expensive and embarrassing breach notification requirements.
Who Should Attend:
- Persons from any entity that may have access to health information, such as health care providers, health insurers, medical device manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, pharmacies, home health agencies, skilled nursing facilities, imaging centers, accounting firms and IT companies.
- Individuals such as in-house counsel, accountants, CEOs, CIOs, privacy officers, security officers, administrators, compliance managers, office managers, HR managers, health information managers, medical record directors, physicians, nurses, social workers and IT professionals.