Speaker, Gibbons Academy Webinar, "Defending Depositions"
March 17, 2022 | 1:00 PM - March 17, 2022 | 2:00 PM EST
Depositions are common, but critical, litigation activities. Effectively preparing your client to face questioning by your adversary and dealing with the stress of the deposition process is a crucial skill all litigators must develop. Similarly, litigators must be prepared to defend the client’s interests and interpose appropriate objections within the boundaries of the rules. If you proceed to motion practice or trial, the testimony elicited from your client can make or break your case. This may sound daunting but, with proper preparation, you can effectively prepare your witnesses (and yourself) for the rigors of questioning under oath.
At this presentation, the speakers will discuss techniques to:
- Prepare witnesses to be questioned;
- Deal with preliminary matters and use exhibits;
- Develop or enhance skills necessary to skillfully make appropriate objections and defend your client;
- Effectively deal with opposing counsel; and
- Effectively defend a virtual deposition.