Speaker, Gibbons Academy, "Document Review: Understanding E-Discovery Costs, Best Practices and Ethical Issues"
March 30, 2023 | 12:00 PM - March 30, 2023 | 1:15 PM EST
At this presentation, the speakers will discuss document review best practices and pitfalls, addressing such topics as:
- vendor technology capabilities;
- understanding ways to potentially reduce vendor costs and fees;
- work flow;
- use of search term reports, substantive issue tags, and fields;
- identification of privileged documents; and
- standard production protocols, quality control, and beyond.
This presentation will also address ethical issues attorneys must consider in handling e-discovery, including the duty of competence, staying abreast of developments in technology and balancing a client’s desire to reduce legal costs with outside counsel’s need to stay actively involved in the discovery process.