Speaker, Clear Law Institute Webinar, "The Big Issues in Defend Trade Secrets Act Litigation"
January 15, 2020 | 1:00 PM - January 15, 2020 | 2:15 PM EST
In this practical webinar, you will receive step-by-step guidance on how to prepare for a Defend Trade Secrets Act (DTSA) case before one is filed and how to bring and respond to a claim filed under the DTSA. Among other things, you will learn:
- How courts have been evaluating complaints for DTSA violations;
- How to plead a violation;
- Why certain courts have granted requests for emergent relief;
- How to improve your chances of securing such relief;
- How to find holes in a DTSA claim if you are defending against such a claim.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Protect your trade secrets (and how to paper those efforts) so that a court will find that “reasonable measures” were taken to protect those secrets, a statutory requirement.
- Implement best practices for pleading a DTSA claim.
- Recognize and avoid mistakes that could result in emergent relief being denied or your entire DTSA claim being dismissed.
- Outline strategies for securing injunctive relief if you are a trade secret owner.
- Review strategies for seeking dismissal of such claims if you are named as a defendant.
- Spot key issues in a DTSA litigation.