Speaker, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Replay – 2023 Construction Law Forum, "The Pitfalls of Contract Termination"
October 29, 2023 | 9:00 AM - November 29, 2023 | 4:00 PM EST
Presented in cooperation with the NJSBA Construction Law Section
The 2023 Construction Law Forum replay will provide a day of in-depth analysis of some of the most common areas in construction law. At this very useful replay, our panel of recognized NJ authorities will provide a practical and strategic discussion of the current legal encounters they have faced involving escalation clauses, Little Miller Act claims, contract termination, issues when representing the design professional, statute of repose, affidavit of merit issues, prompt payment, liquidated damages, tips for negotiating subcontracts, and special mediation segments on advanced mediation techniques, and ethical issues in construction mediation.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for construction lawyers and general practitioners to hone their skills. Join our blue-ribbon panel as they discuss these important topics.
- Negotiating Material Price Escalation Clauses – Levi Winston Barrett, Esq.
- Little Miller Act Claims – Nicholas Zaita, Esq.
- The Pitfalls of Contract Termination – Damian Santomauro, Esq.
- Statute of Repose – For Claims and Claimants – Daniella Gordon, Esq.
- Coordinating the Design Defense – Sunny Sparano, Esq.
- Do I need an Affidavit of Merit? – Joseph Petrillo, Esq.
- Prompt Payment Act Claims – Danielle Cohen, Esq.
- AI and Construction Law: ChatGPT – The Wave of the Future with Demonstration – Daniel R. Guadalupe, Esq.
- Liquidated Damages in NJ – Steven Nudelman, Esq.
- Tips for Negotiating Subcontracts – Steven A. Berkowitz, Esq.
- Ethical Issues in Construction Law Mediation – Hon. Harriet Derman, JSC (Ret.); Dean L. Burrell, Esq.